Attorneys & Law Firm Insurance
Professional Liability Insurance for Attorneys and Law Firms
With all the changes occurring in New Jersey's professional liability market, it's more challenging than ever to secure the right coverage for your firm.
The knowledgeable and experienced team at Garden State Professional Insurance Agency can help. Just ask any of the 1,400 NJ law firms who already entrust us with their professional liability insurance. We’ll shop the marketplace for your firm among the many carriers Garden State represents: market leaders like CNA, Hanover, Travelers, AIG, QBE and many more.
Garden State Professional Insurance Agency is the exclusive agent for CNA’s Legal Malpractice Insurance Program for New Jersey law firms with 1 – 34 attorneys.
- Admitted Insurer
- Defense Costs are paid in addition to the limit of liability
- Deductible is applicable to damages only – not defense costs
- Settlement – The Insurer shall not settle a claim without the written consent of the Named Insured (No hammer clause)
- Pro Bono Deductible Waiver
- Loss of Earnings Reimbursement – up to $500 for loss of earnings for each day or part of a day of Insured’s attendance at Company’s request – at trial, ADR, mediation. Subject to maximum of $15,000 per insured/$30,000 per policy period
- Disciplinary proceedings – Reimburse up to $20,000 for attorney’s fees and other reasonable costs, expenses or fees paid to 3rd parties resulting from any one disciplinary proceeding subject to $100,000 aggregate for all disciplinary proceedings. NOTE – In the event of determination of No Liability of the Insured, the fees can exceed the $20,000 cap up to $100,000.
- Crisis Event Expense – Company will reimburse up to $20,000 for public relations expenses
- Privacy Breach Notice Law – defense costs up to $20,000.
- Privacy Injury & Identity Theft
- Client network damage claims – covers claims alleging that a security breach or electronic infection caused network damage to a client’s network.
- Mediation Incentive – Under certain conditions if a claim is resolved by mediation within 60 days the deductible can be reduced by 50%.
- Assistance in responding to a subpoena arising out of legal services rendered by an Insured including production of documents and preparation of sworn testimony provided the subpoena arises out of a lawsuit to which the Insured is not a party.
- Broad definition of Legal Services – includes Arbitrator, Mediator, Title Agent, Notary Public
- Legal Services includes pro bono services.
- Legal Services includes services performed by an Insured in the capacity as a member, director or officer of any professional legal association, including any Bar Association or similar organization.
- Pre-claims Assistance – until the date a claim is made, the Company may pay for all costs or expenses it incurs
- Definition of insured includes government affairs advisor or lobbyist
- Definition of insured includes non-employee independent contractors
- Military Leave of Absence Suspension of Coverage – premium adjustment during military leave and full reinstatement of coverage with no gap upon return to the practice of law.
- Optional Extended Reporting Periods (1, 2, 3, 6 years or unlimited)
- Non Practicing Extended Reporting Periods – no extra charge for retiring or non-practicing lawyers who have been continuously insured by C N A for at least 3 consecutive years
- Death or Disability Extended Reporting Period – at no charge.
- 7.5% Renewal Premium Credit available to each attorney who attends the C N A Risk Management class.
Our clients include law firms of all sizes, all levels of experience, and all areas of practice.
We even offer good homes for firms with less-than-perfect claim records, or areas of practice that are difficult to insure.
Get an EstimateComplete this single page form and we’ll respond with an estimated premium. You’re also welcome to request a non-binding premium estimate based on a current, completed application from any insurance carrier.
Get a Quote
To get a quote within 48 hours, click here to complete the application.
Professional Liability and More …
In addition to professional liability insurance, you can turn to Garden State Professional Insurance Agency for other coverages:
Our Mission for Your Firm
Garden State’s long-standing mission is to deliver the best coverage and value for each law firm’s unique needs. With over 30 years of experience, we know what it takes to cover your practice, your people and property.
Our roster of impressive law firm clients continues to grow not only based on our expertise but also due to the responsive service we’re proud to provide.